Welcome on BoardThe Würth Elektronik Group with more than 7300 employees in 50 countries manufactures and sells electronic and electromechanical components, circuit boards and intelligent power and control systems. The business unit Wurth Electronics Midcom, a US based company, manufactures and sells a wide product range from ferrites, inductors, capacitors and common mode chokes to transformers, LEDs and connectors.
Get to the bottom of the matter.Seeking: an experienced out-of-box thinker to join our crew!
Outside Technical Sales Engineer | Plano, TX | Job-ID 2402
Your tasks on board
- Develop customer relationships for Wurth’s products and services such as custom transformers, chokes, ferrite beads, connectors and other components, by following leads, participating in professional organizations, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Identify sales opportunities to promote company’s products and services.
- Relying on technical knowledge of switchmode power supplies and topologies, use sales forecasting and strategic planning to explain and sell company products and services.
- Prepare sales presentations and schedule technical seminars explaining company’s products and capabilities.
- Integrate management, engineering, quality and operations personnel into customer interface solutions.
- Direct support of customer engineering for the purpose of providing solutions for their designs.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent degree in any engineering field.
- Plus two (2) years of experience supporting standard and custom electronic and electromechanical products including inductors, EMI filter chokes, transformers, capacitors, and connectors used in the industrial, lighting, medical, telecom, and e-mobility markets to provide circuit board level component solutions to customers.
- Making recommendations for specific electronic components used in the design and manufacturing of electronic equipment (power supplies, motor controls, home automation, industrial automation, LED lighting, POS devices, Ethernet routers and switches, and medical imaging).
- Understanding semiconductor reference designs.
- Working with design and application engineers, product managers and business development managers to manage the sale and technical support for engineers, purchasers and management at accounts (customers).
- Requires extensive travel to client and office sites, 90% of which will be within a 3 hour driving radius of the Austin-Round Rock-San Marcos, TX Metropolitan Area, with incidental additional travel to trade shows and new product launches throughout the US.
Your applicationOur HR team looks forward to reviewing your resume and application highlighting your qualifications and wage expectations.
Wurth Electronics Midcom Inc.Human Resources | Tammy Davis
121 Airport Drive | Watertown, SD 57201-5602 | USA
Tel. 605 886-4385 | email@example.com